Entry #7 The Hashtag

 The Hashtag

The hashtag and symbol are used not only as a short way to write numbers but also to gain
popularity within all social media outlets that might contain them. But what really is a Hashtag? A hashtag is a word or keyword phrase preceded by a hash symbol (#). It’s used within a post on social media to help those who may be interested in your topic to be able to find it when they search for a keyword or particular hashtag. It helps to draw attention to your posts and encourage interaction. 

From what I know about hashtags in social media, it's a way to relate with others with what you post; for instance, if one posts a picture of their vacation in Hawaii, they might write #Vaction or #Aloha to have a sort of reliability as the picture will be put on a timeline with others that use those same hashtags. I use hashtags in my post, and the hashtags I use or music or music business related. When I post on social media, I post about my music and try to grow my brand. Having hashtags in your post does help you get more engagement on the post and might even help grow your following and fan base if you want to start a business or become an influencer. 

There is significance when using hashtags in a political sense. They are used to impact how people with the same ideology come together, creating a movement. For example, #MeToo is used by women worldwide to bring awareness to and speak against sexual assault/abuse and rape culture. This is spread around the world to bring cause and awareness about these major issues, and it worked tremendously with the help of hashtags. 










3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Entry #10

Entry #6 How to "Home Studio" - Room acoustics and room Isolation

Entry #4 How to "Home Studio" - DAW's (Digital Art Workstation)