Entry# 8

What is true love? 

    Love is one of the world's most overlooked and overused words. Instead of being treated with more respect and meaning, people like to throw the word around the like they're in the Major Leagues. Love is more than the typical thought of hugs and kisses and more than what the standard tv series illustrates what love truly is. Love, by definition, is an intense feeling of affection or deep respect (for someone). 
 
The understanding aspect of love for a particular person, wondering why they make you feel a certain way? Why do you get butterflies in your stomach every time you're with that person, no matter how long you've been together. That connection and chemistry between two people is just the beginning of something that might last a lifetime or merely a couple months. You see, love is more than butterflies, more than the physical aspects, more than words. Love should be unconditional through simple action or being there for that person through tough times. Although love is confusing enough as it is, through time, the true meaning of love will always show through, whether for a significant other or for someone you are close with. 

Although my relationship with love has not been the greatest, I understand that some of my actions are not always the best when following through with a relationship and "falling in love," learning from past mistakes to become a better person not only for myself but for those I meet in the future. I've learned that one should never chase love; love will come to you with time. I've also learned that if you genuinely love someone, you will know when to let go, no matter the heartache it might cause. If they love you, they will understand the reasoning and be willing to accept the next steps.

 I will be the first to say that I'm not a stranger to falling in "love" too fast. Gaining feelings and allowing the amplification of those feelings caused by the honeymoon phase of a relationship to get the best of me. But in the long run, I find myself in a hole of regret and sorrow that I have climbed out of time and time again just to start recovering from heartbreak. It could be the choice of women to whom I decide to give my all, or it's the universe telling me that it's not my time just yet. Not knowing the true meaning of love just yet, I know that one day many others and I will find out and have and clear understanding of what is true love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Entry #10

Entry #6 How to "Home Studio" - Room acoustics and room Isolation

Entry #4 How to "Home Studio" - DAW's (Digital Art Workstation)