Entry #9 View on media
Entry #9 View on Media
While talking about the influence of media in class, it made me realize that media is not only used for good, but it tends to have a few destructive aspects to it as well. I say this as the media has become a breeding ground for false news, unrealistic beauty standards, and toxicity from people that one might never even know. Although media can help change the life of someone that may become wealthy due to the constant popularity contest, the overall aspect of social media is that many people are willing to make anyone's life through media terrible.
On the news, we are fed mostly negatives about the world or locally. I have also had difficulty believing anything said through the internet or media without proof or evidence to back things up. Depending on the subject in the media, I feel it's questionable to assume things to be true if just put on the screen with the big, bold letters and no evidence to back things up. Many people I talk to have an addiction to phones resorting to going onto Instagram instead of communicating and living in the moment. People have been trapped in this metaphorical trance that their lives revolve around TikTok, Snapchat, or Instagram. This makes it hard to even talk with people as they are so drawn to social media outlets that they seem to forget about everyday life, and if they don't, they slowly gravitate toward looking through social media platforms.
Now I am not saying that I haven't fallen down this path before most of us have been down the path of being so absorbed into social media that it started to become and borderline problem. This addiction comes with backlash as social media is a toxic environment if you stay on there for too long. The consent name calling and comparisons with people throughout different apps will start to rot the mind making people believe the worse.

Comments
Post a Comment